The Children’s Center for vulnerable and orphaned children was founded in April 2004, as a response to the HIV/AIDS orphan crisis and the civil unrest in Kenya. Dr. Grace Kariuki passion for vulnerable children started when she was young because she lived and went to school with poor and abused children from the slums. The passion accelerated while teaching Sunday school she saw orphans as young as 8 years used and abused as house helps/slaves by their relatives instead of going to school.
AGCH was birthed in April 2004 in a rented facility in Kasarani and the first child was enrolled in June 2004. Amazing Grace Childrens home (AGCH) was conceived as the co-founder was teaching sunday school over 30 years ago. In 20011-2004 Amazing Grace partners prayed for the birth of the AGCH in a rented office in Ngara, nairobi.
AGCH was launched and dedicated to the lord in august 2004 and 7 more children were enrolled as amazing champions. The youngest was 2yrs, he was rescued from a drunk mother that wanted to drown him in the pit latrine (toilet). The oldest was 10yrs, he was rescued from the dump site eating garbage after his mother’s death.
- The pioneer was 3yrs, rescued from a grandmother that was feeding him with alcohol for breakfast, his mother was mentally challenged and conceived him after being molested, she died after delivery because of trauma and lack of care.
- The first orphaned 3 year old girl was brought by the grandmother who later was killed in an accident.
- 250 children have been rescued and some placed in the care of their relatives
Donate towards the children’s home:
- Account name: Amazing Grace children’s home
- Paybill: 247247
- Account Number: 665561
- CashApp: $AmazingChampions
- Mpesa: +254 797665561